Supplement information: VITAMIN B 2 (RIBOFLAVIN)
Hydrosoluble vitamin important in building antioxidant enzymes.
- milk, cheese, yogurt, eggs
- liver, kidney meat
- beans, peanuts, soybeans
- green and leafy vegetables
- vital for formation FAD (flavin adenine dinucleotide) and FMN (flavin mononucleotide) - metabolism of carbohydrates, proteins and fats
- protect against free radical damage
- vision (cataract)
- skin, hair, nails
- reduce frequency of migraines
- useful in people with burns, chronic diarrhea, cirrohosis, alcoholism and cancer
Cheilosis or cracks and sores in the corneas of the mouth. Frayed or scaling lips, inflamed tongue with purplish or magenta color.
- Flaking skin around the nose, eyebrows, chin, cheeks, earlobes, hairline.
- Cataract formation.
- Difficulty walking, muscular weakness, depression, nervousness, irritability.
- Pregnant women with B 2 deficiency - preeclampsia.
25 - 100 mg
RDA for men - 1,3 mg
RDA for women - 1,2 mg
|Maximum safe level||
200 mg (long and short term)
- tricyclic antidepressants