Supplement information: IRON
Essential element required for normal formation of blodd cells.
- liver and organ meats
- dried beans, whole grains
- leafy grain vegetables
- essential for the formation of hemoglobin
- stimulate immune system
- improve muscular and athletic performance
- prevent fatigue
RDA for men 10 mg
RDA for womwn 18 mg
|Maximum safe level||
15 mg long term usage
80 mg short term usage
- abdominal pain, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting
- elevated iron or ferritin blood level is thought to increse free radical damage and also been linked to an incresed risk of cancer, diabetes, heart attack, SLE, Huntington disease.
-high doses worsen symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis.
- insoluble in water
- do not use inorganic iron (sulfate), because as a supplement it destroys vitamin E. Use organic iron (fumarat, citrate, gluconate)