Supplement information: VITAMIN B1 (THIAMIN)
Hydrosoluble vitamin important as a cofactor in carbohydrate metabolism.
- yellow fruit
- green and leafy vegetables, carrots
- organ meat (liver), pork
- dried beans, peas, soybeans, brown rice
- egg yolks
- fish and seafood
- converts carbohydrates into energy
- promote growth
- proper digestion
- essential for nerve tissue, muscle, heart
- transmission of nerve signals between the brain and spinal cord
- repel insects and mosquitoes
- treatment of alcoholics and drug addicts
Beri - beri: mental illness, paralysis of some eye muscles, foot drop and decreased sensation in the feet and legs.
Other symptoms: loss of apetite, constipation, neuritis, muscle atrophy, poor sleep, aches and pains, burning sensation in the feet, subjectively poor memory, difficulty concentrating, feeling tense and irritable, impaired growth
1,4 - 100 mg.
RDA - 1,4 mg
|Maximum safe level||
Pregnant women should consult physician